Terminal
The terminal building in use today opened on 19 April 2004, replacing a structure with parts dating back to the airport’s grass-runway years. The original site was officially opened on 5 May 1939 by Air Minister Sir Kingsley Wood, cost £100,500 to build, and was taken over by RAF Coastal Command within four months of opening; German forces occupied it that same summer. The island was liberated on 9 May 1945, and a month later King George VI and Queen Elizabeth landed at the airport in an RAF Dakota — the first time a reigning Queen of England had ever flown.
Desks sit at the western end of the landside concourse. Aurigny’s early-morning UK “red-eye” departures get a Twilight check-in the afternoon before, open 3pm–8pm, so hold baggage doesn’t have to wait for a pre-dawn queue.
Recording devices may be carried through the screening area but their recording functions must stay off there — a policy the airport spells out on its own security FAQ page, alongside the standard 100ml liquids rule. A Sunflower Lanyard is available at the Information Desk before you reach the screening area.
ABM, the airport’s assisted-travel partner, covers passengers from the forecourt through to boarding. Six car-park bays are reserved for Blue Badge holders, and a reserved seating area near the end of the departure lounge — donated by Alderney Cancer Relief — includes two recliner chairs for anyone who needs quieter, more comfortable seating.